Events • List Your Show • Weekly Cruise Nights • FREE Classified Ads • Place a Free Ad • Car Clubs • Car Shows • Auto Racing • Cruise Nights • Reader's Rides • Manufacturer News • Exotics • Hot Rods • Lowriders • Muscle Cars • Sports Cars • Tuners • On the Road • Performance/Machine • Restoration/Body • Project One 87 • Submit Your Ride • Links • About Us • Contact Us • Advertise
We were excited to welcome (14) members of the Desert Wind Harley Riders Club of Mesa to CRUZ’N @ PHIL’S and Lunch in Phil’s Grill. Several members said they enjoyed our friendly hospitality and great lunch in the restaurant.
The first CRUZ’N @ PHIL’S of the New Year opened on Sunday Jan 8th 2017 with (215) Cruiser vehicles, including (20) attending for their first time.
We appreciated the nice article published in the January 2017 issue of PHOENIX Magazine (pg-48). The writer, Austen Browne identified CRUZ’N @ PHIL’S as one of the four best Car Shows, Auctions, and Cruise-ins of the Valley to attend in the New Year.
Arizona has introduced the new “Route 66 license Plate” available to all AZ car owners. You can order the plate, on line, for your vehicle for $25 ($17 of that $25 fee will go directly to the AZ Route 66 Association to help preserve, protect, and promote our AZ portion of America’s Route 66. You can also personalize your plate number for an additional $25. http://servicearizona.com
As a CRUZ’N @ PHIL’S Cruiser you are invited to enjoy the many different Car Magazines located in a rack near the Registration Table. They are donated by the Cruisers and are free for your reading pleasure. You may read them while sitting by your car or take them home. We also encourage everyone to bring any old Car Magazines and put them in the rack for others to enjoy.
OTHER MAJOR ARIZONA CAR EVENTS:
* Check out our home web-site: www.arizonaautoscene.com created by Web Master, Jim Hahn. It has complete Arizona Automotive Event Listings and weekly News & Photo Coverage of major Car Shows, Cruise Nights and Drag Racing. The site also offers a comprehensive listing of things to do throughout Arizona. Free Classified Ads, Car Clubs and more. This is where you find current and back issues of our CRUZ’N @ PHIL’S e-Newsletter.
* Another web-site created by Al Tracy of Glendale, AZ: www.desertcruisers.comwww.nationwidecarshows.com or http://www.desertcruisers.com/event/3301 has a comprehensive listing of Car Shows across the Nation. Classifieds can be posted on both sites. Your Ride will get its own homepage with up to 10 photos and unlimited text. Payment by PayPal or major credit cards accepted. Set up a free “My Rides Account” to help sell your Ride and sign up for e-mail alerts. Show off your Ride in a Free Car Show Gallery (up to 6 photos free). All Rides for sale must first be listed in the classifieds. Place your Ad by contacting Al Tracy at 623-204-9172.
* MONTHLY: SO-CAL SPEED SHOP (New Owners Brian & Angie Benzing) holds a Swap Meet on the 2nd Saturday morning of each month. Free coffee, Bottled Water and Donuts while you shop for car parts. Event times are Sunrise till the donuts are gone. Sell from the Trunk of your pre-1972 vehicle or pickup truck bed. No trailers allowed due to limited space. Arrive early and bring a donation of Non-Perishable Foods for the Food Bank. Located at 3427 McDowell Road; Phoenix, AZ – 602-275-7990, email@example.com and www.so-cal-az.com.
*WEEKLY: “CRUZ’N @ PHIL’S” is an informal gathering of Auto Enthusiasts every Sunday between 11:00am – 3:00pm. (arrive when you can and leave when you must) October thru May (except when Major Holidays and Infrequent Major Town Events fall on a Sunday). Host Sponsor and location is Phil’s Filling Station Grill; 16852 East Parkview Avenue; Fountain Hills, AZ. Cruisers gather in this friendly environment with their Classic, Muscle, Sports, Antique, Truck, Motorcycle and Special Interest Vehicles for engaging conversation, Music, Free Drawings for Prizes and wonderful Food, Beverages and Views. There is No Club, No Officers, No Dues and No Politics, just Nice People with Magnificent Rides. For information, Contact Darrel Hampton 480-209-5700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WEEKLY: Mesa Community College Red Mountain Campus “Show & Shine” Free Event every Friday 3PM to 8PM starting Oct 28, 2016 and ending May 12, 2017 (except Nov 24th, Dec 16th, 23rd, 30th, Jan 16th and Mar 17th). For more info contact Cheryl Hardt at 480-654-7766.
JAN 14-22, 2017: AZ Collector Car Auctions Dates & Locations;
2017 Auctions Locations
14-22 Barrett-Jackson West World of Scottsdale
18 WorldWide Auction Old Town, Scottsdale
19 Bonhams Westin Kierland Scottsdale
19-22 Silver Fort McDowell We-Ko-Pa Resort
18-22 Russo-Steele Scottsdale, Salt River Fields
19-20 RM Phoenix, Biltmore Resort/Spa
20-21 Gooding & Co Scottsdale, Fashion Square Mall
JAN 15, 2017: The Arizona Concours d’ Elegance a celebration of fine Automobiles at the historic Biltmore Resort, in Phoenix, will feature Jean Bugatti’s magnificent 1936 Type 575C Atlantic, a great masterpiece of the Art Deco era. The Concours d’ Elegance hosts its fourth annual gathering at The Biltmore and all proceeds plus donations will benefit Make-A-Wish of Arizona. For information and purchase tickets: ArizonaConcours.com
JAN 27-29, 2017: Grand National Roadster Show at Fairplex in Pomona, California. For show Information and entry and Vendor forms visit; rodshows.com or call 1-877-763-7469
FEB 4, 2017: MOTORING Thru TIME Heritage Festival on Saturday February 04, 2017 at Phoenix heritage Square For Unique and Classic Vehicles of the 1900 thru 1960’s. There is no Registration Fee but Pre-Approval is required. Space limited to 100 Vehicles so act quickly to reserve your space. For more details and registration Forms contact Michelle Reid, Exec Director 602-261-8063
FEB 11, 2017: CONCOURS in the HILLS CAR SHOW by the Fountain Lake in Fountain Hills on Saturday Feb 11th from 10:00AM – 3:00PM. Over 500 Vehicles and 15,000 people expected again this tear. Last year we raised $90,000 for the area Boys & Girls Clubs. This year, we hope to raise over $100,000. We are expanding our space and spacing Vehicles farther apart. Contact Peter Volny at www.CONCOURSINTHEHILLS.ORG for more information and registration.
FEB 11, 2017: -Trilogy at Verde River Classic Car Show -February 11th, 2017 from 11:00am – 3:00pm 17427 E. Desert Vista Trail, Rio Verde, AZ 85263. Live music by Applause 50’s Band, Food for purchase (free to those who bring a car and participate in car show), Vote for your favorite classic car on display. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of popular vote. Call Ashley Bradley 480-454-2201 to register.
MAR 3-5, 2017: Havasu Deuces car Show in Lake Havasu – March 3rd-5th, 2017. Featuring 180 – 200 1932 Ford deuces, show on Ballfield by the Lake, Garage Tours and Deuces on the streets. For more details check out www.havasudeuces.com and 1932fordregistery.com
MAR 10-12, 2017: GOODGUYS 8th Spring Nationals Car Show at Westworld of Scottsdale in Scottsdale, AZ. Entry Fee is $55 per vehicle at the event or $40 if registered prior to Dec 31, 2016.
MAY 12-13, 2017: 24th Annual Beeline Cruise-In Car Show by the Rim Xountry Classic Auto Club of Payson, AZ. Registration open to all Vehicles Manufactured Pre-1991. Pre-show Entry Fee $35.00 includes, Cruise, T-Shirt, Goodie Bag and Dash Plaque for first 225 entries. Day of Show Entry fee will be $40.00. Make Checks payable to RCCAc REGISTRATION P.O. BOX 2853 PAYSON AZ 85547. For more detail information: call Ken & Cario Tozi at 928-970-1700.
FREE CLASSIFIEDS: (VEHICLES and VEHICLE RELATED PARTS)
Request a FREE AD for Vehicles and /or Vehicle Parts
“FOR SALE or WANTED” in our CRUZ’N @ PHIL’S weekly e-Newsletter that is distributed to approximately 1500 Cruisers across the United States and Canada.. Also, display a “FOR SALE” sign in your vehicle windows while attending CRUZ’N @ PHIL’S. Send an email with Year, Make, Model, Color and Price plus brief description to Darrel Hampton at email@example.com . Parts can be listed as a Group for a specific Make/Model vehicle. Price can be discussed at time of Contact. Ads will run for (8) weeks or until sold. For more info or to report your item sold, contact Darrel Hampton 480-209-5700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR SALE: 1958 Nash Metro, red and white, 66,000+ original miles. Restored to original. Bought it in Salida, Colorado and I am the 3rd owner. It has the original toolbox and paperwork, Runs great, New tires, Seat covers are new but of original design with the herringbone pattern.
Tube radio stills works. It has the Original steering wheel. Asking $12,000. Located in Fountain Hills, Arizona at Adobe Storage. For more information call Alice Boswell at 214-674-6895 or email at email@example.com.
FOR SALE: New Mobility Folding Scooter/ Wheelchair Carrier. Size is 48” long X 28” wide with Same Size ramp. Attaches to trailer hitch receiver. Folds flat against back of car when not in use. Unique folding design for hassle free loading and unloading onto attached ramp. $100.00. Located in Fountain Hills, AZ. Call 847/302/5390.
FOR SALE: 1932 Ford Black with Red Flames, High performance 1968 Corvette 327/350hp, balanced, blueprinted, Crane 294H Cam, 202 heads, gear drive, Edelbrock 600 CFM carb, polished Edelbrock aluminum manifold, turbo 350 transmission with shift kit and Lokar Shifter, narrowed Ford 9” with 3.25 Posi and American Racing wheels, producing 400+ HP, 2500 pounds, front disc brakes, TCI 4-link, power steering with tilt steering wheel, Billet dash with Stewart Warner gauges, 2” chopped with Ford original Oak hardwood bows on the top, Flip open rumble seat and AM/PM/CD/i-Pod stereo. Floor under car is full polished stainless steel and 80% of all bolts/washers and nuts are polished stainless steel. Asking $37,500. Call for further information: 480-560-3678
FOR SALE: PJ Trailer 27’6” Long 8’6” Wide. 1’ Tilt bed, 4’7” Front Deck, New Tires and Wheels, Diamond Plate Oversized Tool Box, Heavy Duty Loading gear, Excellent Condition, No Dents. Asking $4,500.00. Trailer housed in Payson, AZ. For more information call 480-560-3678.
FOR SALE: 1999 Plymouth Prowler beautiful yellow, all original, with only 25360 miles. Call Jess @ 602-292-5188
FOR SALE: 1960 Chevrolet El Camino, Black Paint, Black Vinyl Interior, 348ci Tri-Power Engine, 4 Speed, Power Disc Brakes, Air Condition, Stereo Radio System Asking $30,000. For more information contact Bob Sarraillon at 480-945-8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* FOR SALE: 1961 Chevrolet Impala Bubble Top w/AC, PS, 4-Wheel Power Disk Brakes, Stereo System, American Racing Wheels, 348-Tri Power, 4-Speed, Cloth Black interior w/Black exterior. Asking $45,000 OBO. For more information, contact Bob at 480-945-8700.
FOR SALE: 1964 Dodge Custom 880 Rare 50th Gold Anniversary Edition. Engine 383,727 Torque Flight Push Button Transmission,4 Door Hard Top No Post-Factory Air, Low Miles, Dual Exhaust, Power Steering, All Factory Trim, Runs Like New, Arizona Car New Items! Radiator, Aluminum Water Pump, Transmission Serviced, 5 x BFG Radial TA’s Tires, All Fluids/Valve Cover Gaskets, Yellow Top Optima Battery, Suspension/Rear Leafs, Plugs/Wires/Belts, Brakes, Carpet. 8500 obo Sale or Trade Make Offer Contact Dustin LeGros 623-640-9383 or dlegros@PSAV.com
FOR SALE: 1937 Ford 3 Window Coupe, Miniotti Body, Tci Chassis, 350 Engine, 400 Transmission, Ford 9 inch with 280 Gears. Asking $40,000 OBO. Contact Bob Lorenz at 602-571-1349
FOR SALE: 2003 Aston Martin Vantage Volante Convertible. This is what you get when you cross a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari. Last year for DB7 with all the upgrades and options including V12 with sport shift on the wheel. This car is in excellent condition with a great service history and has had a recent $ 12,000.00 major service with all coils and plugs and many other parts replaced and serviced including a new roof and tires as well as the service. Alcantara leather full headliner. If you did not know this was a convertible you would never tell from the inside with the roof up. 45000 Miles with no issues never winter driven or outside in weather. One of the all time great Grand Touring cars with the Bond connection as well. Complete with all equipment, battery tender, cover, owner’s manual, service and parts manual and parts crossover list. Clear title. $35.000.00 Located in Mesa call Ed 480 242 0791
FOR SALE: 1970 Oldsmobile 98 Convertible. The car has only 66k original miles. Newly installed Convertible Top with hydraulics, Radiator, Hoses, Starter, Tires, Shocks, Dual Exhaust, A/C Compressor & Fuel Pump. Asking $15,900. Contact Steve at 602-615-0330
FOR SALE: 1967 Corvette Coupe, 327 Cid / 350 HP, 4-Spd, 3:70 Posi-trac Rear Gears, Side Dual Exhaust, Tinted Glass, Cast Aluminum Bolt on Wheels, Silver Pearl Paint, Black Vinyl Interior, Numbers Matching, Three time NCRS Top Flight, 44,252 Actual Miles, Asking price REDUCED to $60,000. Contact Dave at 917-952-1979 or email@example.com
FOR SALE: 1986 Chevy El Camino powered by an LS1 engine with a 4L60 overdrive transmission and Grand National Posi-trac rear end. Options include Power Steering, front Disc brakes, air conditioning, Cruise control. Pearl white Paint with jade green stripes on cowl induction hood, new tires on polished ‘82 Corvette wheels. This is a Rust-Free vehicle from Texas and then to Arizona. About 29,000 miles since the engine swap and other modifications made by a team of professionals in a Texas Shop. Now Located in Florence, Az. Asking price is $14,900 OBO. Call Skip 208-850-4667.
* FOR SALE: 1996 C4 Corvette Coupe with removable Roof Panel. Polo Green Exterior, Beige Leather Interior, LT1 350 Engine, Automatic Trans, Pwr Steering, Pwr Brakes, Original Chrome Wheels A/C and Tinted Glass. Car has 159,000 miles but has been garage kept and is in excellent condition. Drives like new. Asking $6,900. Contact Larry at 612-669-0374.
* FOR SALE: 2002 Cadillac Eldorado Collector Series #619 of 1596 built as a tribute to Eldorado’s 50 years of automotive excellence. Actual 22,000 miles, Aztek Red with Black &Torch Red accent Interior. This car is like new. For more info call Maurie 701-261-6385.
* FOR SALE: 1965 Chevrolet El Camino, 427 Ci, Runs, Drives and Sounds Terrific, Asking $19,500 OBO, Contact Craig 305-752-5380 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
* FOR SALE: 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS. very clean/Straight Lemans Blue Body, 396ci Engine, Auto Trans, Tilt Wheel, New Interior installed 2009, Power disc Brakes, Rally Wheels, New Correct Dual Exhaust, 73,xxx Miles, Numbers matching Car Built in Chevy’s Canada plant, full documentation available. Asking $34,000 OBO. For more information contact John at 320-250-3955.
* Most of the above advertised vehicles can be seen at CRUZ’N @ PHIL’S on Sunday and in the below photo Gallery .
* Phil Rodakis, Owner of PHIL’S Filling Station Grill 16852 East Parkview Avenue, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268 (480-816-5620) is our Host Sponsor. Cruisers and their passengers receive (1) ticket / each for FREE DRAWINGS to win valuable prizes. Cruisers also receive a 20% Discount on Cruise-in Sundays when they present their Drawing Ticket or CRUZ’N @ PHIL’S VIP Card to their server at time of ordering meals in Phil’s Grill. We draw for free prizes between 12:30 – 2:00PM. Cruisers must be present to win and can only claim (1) Prize per Sunday. Winning ticket numbers are announced, at the registration table and inside PHIL’s Grill. Winning numbers not turned in within (15) minutes after each announcement will be re-drawn.
FREE DRAWING PRIZES DONATED BY THE FOLLOWING:
Phil’s Filling Station Grill – Sponsor
Apger, Warren & Carol
Barnes, Page & Linda
Checchin, Frank & Diane
Comstock, Rodger & Karen
Crosby, Larry & Jeannie
DeWitte, Kevin & Kathy
Drennen, Lloyd & Antoninette
Fuchs, Ted & Kathi
Germand, Lynn & Donna
Gordon, Dwight & Marianne
Haight, Wes & Rhoda
Hamann, Gary & Ranette
Hampton, Darrel & Becky
Holmes, Dick & Carol
Klever, Larry & Dorothy
Loranz, Bob & Nancy
Marshall, Jess & Gene
Mods for Rods
Normann, Rolf & Kay
Prentice, Bob & Cheryl
Post, Bob & Carol
Rust, Mike & Jean
Sarraillon, Bob & Patty
Schriock,Bill & Bonnie
Schroeder, Dale & Sandra
SERVICE PROVIDERS: CLASSIC CAR RELATED SERVICES:
This section contains Service Providers that have been used and recommended by Cruisers.
*CUSTOM PHOTOGRAPHY and MESSAGE BOARDS: for your Cruiser Vehicle Photo and Specification Boards by Steve Regan Founder of CLUTCH CUCTOM FX. For more information contact Steve at Cell: 480-465-0345, E/M: email@example.com, Web: www.clutchcfx.com
* EXHAUST SYSTEMS: SCOTTSDALE MUFFLER and AUTOMOTIVE 1710 East Curry Road Tempe, Az. 85281. Complete Original and/or Custom Exhaust Systems designed and installed at competitive prices. All work performed in a clean well equipped facility. The business is family owned and operated. Call Owner Chris McCurdy or Manager Fred McCurdy 480-994-4741 to schedule your next Exhaust System installation.
* RESTORATION: Vintage Iron & Restoration 15931 North 80th Street Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Owner/Operator Mark Scalpone and his Crew of SAE and L1 Certified experts with 30+ years experience that offer complete Classic Car Services including full restoration, repair and modifications. For estimates and to schedule your vehicle contact Mark or Marco 480-022-2480
* LARGE GARAGE HOME Sales: Garage Lady, Denise Ham has the answer, if you or someone you know is looking for a home to purchase with a BIG GARAGE, Follow this Link to see homes currently listed for sale with 5+ car garages or call 480-213-1613 www.arizonacarproperty.com
* TRANSMISSION REPAIR and/or REPLACEMENT: Allstate Transmission offers expert Transmission Service at Competitive prices. Based on recent work, myself and Mike Rust can personally recommend them for all your transmission service needs. All work is done in an exceptionally clean fully equipped shop. Contact Mitch Wilson at Allstate Transmission 5154 N 27th Ave Phoenix, AZ 85017 Tel 602-253-2553 or www.allstatetransmission.net
* VEHICLE STORAGE: Enclosed, Clean, Secure and Sprinkled garage space for one or more Vehicles. Monthly rates will vary according to use such as $90.00 for long term (Min 1 Year) or $100.00 for Short Term and more frequent accessibility. Call Fred Johnson 480-816-0771 for a quote based on your specific needs.
* AZ AMC (American Muscle Cars) Restorations. We build custom cars to order as well as restore cars to concours factory specs. We do all the work on the cars we restore in house including all body and paint, engine and transmission rebuilding, and all mechanical, electrical, suspension, brakes and interior restorations. We have two individual adjacent shops, one for restoration and mechanical and one for paint and body work with six full-time automotive restoration experts. Come see our award winning restorations in progress. Call Dan 602-317-2018.
* SV APPRAISALS of Arizona, Know Your Car’s Value, Classics, Street Rods, Customs, Contact Rick Aronson 623-889-1786 or visit Rick’s Web-site; *DENT REPAIR: PDR, Phoenix Dent Repair, Valley Wide Mobile Dent Repair Service, 20 years specializing in Collector & Exotic Cars. Contact Jeff Angell 602-920-0086 or firstname.lastname@example.org www.phxdent.com
*MOBILE WHEEL ALIGNMENT: for Hot Rods, Classic Cars and Muscle Cars at your place or mine. Contact Tim Benedict at 480-204-4172.
* PINSTRIPING: Mobile Hand Painted Pinstripes, Logos, Signs and Murals for all Vehicles and Trailers. Contact ANDY PINSTRIPING at 602-526-0731 Scottsdale, Arizona.
CAR RELATED ITEMS OF INTEREST:
* Tom Ward sent this interesting site for Classic Cars: http://www.rkmotorscharlotte. com/sales/inventory/active#21/
* Al Miller shared this fabulous 1932 Ford History LINK: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs&v=3RB3z1er9Sw
* Terry Robinholt sent this Link: http://www.freep.com/story/money/nation-now/2016/03/21/minnesota-house-of-cars/82075114/
* Mike Rust provides this Concours in the Hills video: https://vimeo.com/brokersalliance/review/157790308/984d5c7069
* Mike Simmons sent this Link for Larry’s Garage: HTTPS://player.vimeo.com/video/139358538
* Tony Banks found this Corvette Story: http://restomods.com/forgotten-corvette-collection-rediscovered-256/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=vettes=
* Jim Hahn, Owner and developer of www.arizonaautoscene.com has restructured the Web Page to allow you to view all our photos on all devices including your Android or iPhone. Enjoy viewing the RIDES below in our Photo Gallery for Jan 08, 2017.
CRUZ’N @ PHIL’S Event Organizers:
Darrel & Becky Hampton, Event Organizer
E/M: email@example.com or 480-209-5700
Bob & Patty Sarraillon, Music & Registration Coordinator E/M: firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-945-8700